Meghalaya Institute of Mental Health and Neurological Science (MIMHANS)
Meghalaya Institute of Mental Health and Neurological Sciences (MIMHANS) which functions from its present location at Pasteur Hills, Lawmali, Shillong since May 2009, is a 150 (one hundred and fifty) bedded Hospital catering to the Mental Health needs of the population from all over the State and even from outside the State.
MIMHANS offers services to the patients like:-
- Out-patient services
- In-patient services, and
- Emergency services.
- Male Ward - 100 beds with UTP Ward 8 (eight) Nos. of Beds attached bathroom-1, toilet-2
- Female wards - 50 beds with UTP ward 4 (four) Nos. of Beds attached toilet.
- Isolation rooms for Male=10 (ten) Nos. & Isolation for Female patients=7(seven) nos. attached toilet.
- COVID-19 Isolation Ward - 8 beds (4 Male & 4 Female).
STAFFS FOR MENTAL HEALTH CARE
- Psychiatrist - 1
- Senior Medical & Health Officer – 1
- Medical & Health Officer – 1
- Nursing superintendent – 1
- Nursing Sister- 2
- Staff Nurse – 30
- Psychiatric Social Worker – 2
- Occupational Therapist 1
- Social Officer – 1
- Security officer - 1
- Attendant – 38
- Grade –IV – 10
- Electrician – 1
- Plumber - 1