General Laboratory (including Biochemistry)
Pasteur Institute Shillong houses the general and Biochemical Laboratory which provides laboratory facilities and investigations in various discipline of Pathology, viz. Histology, Bacteriology, Haematology, Parasitology and Biochemical investigation to Government and Non-Government Organization. Blood and specimen are received from Government or Private Hospitals and even from patients referred by Private practitioners for investigation in the Institute.
Performance during the years 2004-2005 to 2008-2009
During 2008-2009 the following test performed:-
Gram staining for M. Meningitis - 83 Positive - 26 Negative - 57
Latex Agglutination Test till mid May 2009 - 37 Positive - 17 Negative - 20
- Latex Agglutination has been procured for diagnosing M. Meningitis Test which is being carried out since March 2009 on 37 samples till date, out of which 17 tested positive.
- Elisa - the Serological test for M. TB(IgG and IgM) has been carried out since May 2009
- Survey samples conducted
- from areas in around Mawthabah, Nongstoin.
- during any epidemic outbreak in the State.
Proposal sent to the Government for the following:
- For creating a post of Pathologist or Histopathologist vide letter No.DHS(R)/Estt/2009-10/2193 dated 30th April, 2009 to start Histopathology in the Institute.