Ayurvedic, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathic (AYUSH)
The AYUSH section under the Directorate of Health Services, MI, is responsible for monitoring of Homoeopathic and Ayurvedic facilities within the state. Its main functions are:
- Propagation and Development of AYUSH System.
- Registration of Homoeopathic practitioners within the state.
- Provide Health Care to the people particularly in the rural areas through preventive promotive and curative intervention through AYUSH.
- Purchasing and supply of homoeopathic medicine to the facilities in the district level.
The Director of Health Services, MI is the overall head and is assisted by a Nodal Officer at the directorate level. There are homoeopathic and Ayurvedic sections in the State and District Hospitals and in some CHCs, AYUSH doctors, pharmacists and some other supporting staff are present.
All homoeopathic practitioners within the state are required to register with the AYUSH section before they can practice in the state.
At present there are 54 AYUSH doctors in the state health department. Of these 19 are permanent employees from the state and 35 are on contract from NRHM. The contract doctors are placed in 3 CHCs and 32 PHCs.
- Homoeopathic Home Remedies Kit Schemes:-
Homoeopathic Home Remedies Kit under Centrally Sponsored scheme for 100 villages in East Khasi Hills District has been fully implemented.
- Setting up of Ayush Wings under C.S.S.:-
During the last 4 years Ayush (Ayurvedic and Homeopathic Wing) has been set up in all the 7 District Allopathic Hospital namely:-
|1. Civil Hospital, Shillong.
||1. Civil Hospital, Shillong.
|2. Civil Hospital, Jowai
||2. Civil Hospital, Jowai
|3. Nongstoin CHCs
||3. Civil Hospital, Tura.
|4. Civil Hospital, Tura
||4. Nongpoh CHCs.
|5. Baghmara CHCs
|6. Civil Hospital, Nongpoh
|7. Civil Hospital Williamnagar
- Under NRHM
10 AYUSH Doctors (Ayurvedic and Homeopathic) has been appointed under Contractual basis in 10 PHC in the State.